At Maxicom we are committed to our Health and Safety program. When you deal with us you can rest assured that we have a formal safety management system in place that complies with all legislative requirements.
NZOHS, and Site safe health and safety membership
We are registered users of the NZOHS Occupational Health And safety (OHS) Management System. To download our current NZOHS certificate click here.
We are also active site safe members and all staff have attended Site Safe training. To download our current Site safe certificate click here.
Hazard identification and reporting system.
At Maxicom we operate an online hazard identification and reporting system. This can be used by our staff or customers or members of the public who are concerned about a safety related situation and wish to bring it to our attention. To make a report please click the button below.
Contractors to Maxicom
Contractors working on our site or for us need to be aware of our and their safety obligations under the act. All contractors working on our site or on our customer’s sites need to be approved first. The contractors health and safety handbook can be downloaded below and needs to be studied and understood before any work on our site commences. Once this has been read and understood the contractor needs to sign the acknowledgement form on the last page of the handbook and forward it to the safety officer.
Customers of Maxicom
We are very aware of our responsibilities to our customers under the act and that is why we have prepared this detailed H&S response that provides evidence of our safety management system. Simply click the link below to download our H&S credentials.
Our Health and safety policy is detailed below.
|Name of Business:||Maxicom (2013) Limited|
|Workplace/site address:||20 Herekino Street Whangarei|
This Health and Safety Policy has been written to show that the management of Maxicom (2013) Limited is committed to fulfilling its safety duties, so far as is reasonably practicable, by providing and maintaining a Safe and Healthy working environment for all Workers, Visitors, and Contractors/sub-contractors at this Workplace/site, and when working at, or visiting, a client’s workplace/site.
The management of Maxicom (2013) Limited is committed to meeting all of its duties, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA), the Health and Safety at Work Act Regulations 2016, and all relevant Codes of Practice, Guidelines, and Standards.
The management of Maxicom (2013) Limited is committed to operating and maintaining a compliant, up to date, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System.
The management of Maxicom (2013) Limited is committed to continuous improvement, pursing best practice in occupational H&S, and providing the required information, training, and supervision needed to achieve this.
The management of Maxicom (2013) Limited is committed to regular consultation on H&S matters with all stakeholders including, Workers and their representatives, H&S Representatives, Supervisors, H&S Officers, H&S committees, Contractors/sub-contractors, Suppliers, Clients, and Independent experts.
The management of Maxicom (2013) Limited will:
- Allocate adequate resources to fulfil the aims of this H&S Policy.
- Annually appoint and train a Safety Officer/Manager to manage and oversee the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Establish measurable Health and Safety objectives to ensure continued improvement of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System aimed at the elimination of work-related injury and illness.
- Review annually (or after a notifiable injury, illness or incident) the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Systematically identify, control, monitor and review all existing, and new Hazards/Risks at all Workplaces/sites.
- Ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, all Hazards and Risks are either Eliminated or Minimised.
- Regularly manage and review the Hazard/Risk Control Measures.
- Ensure that all Plant and Equipment is regularly maintained, safe to use, and properly ‘guarded’.
- Create Safe Operating Procedures for all high risk all Plant and Equipment.
- Complete a Job Safety Analysis for all high risk Tasks Performed.
- Manage and control all Hazardous Substances at all Workplaces/sites.
- Create and maintain a Reference Library of all applicable Standards, Codes of Practice, and Guidelines.
- Provide and maintain First Aid Equipment, and trained First Aiders.
- Provide, maintain and ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), where appropriate.
- Develop and implement Emergency and Evacuation procedures for all Workplaces/sites.
- Control, manage and induct all Visitors and Contractors/sub-contractors at all Workplaces/sites.
- Ensure that all Contractors and sub-contractors are actively managing Health and Safety for themselves and their employees/sub-contractors.
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort.
- Encourage accurate and timely reporting and recording of all injuries, illnesses, incidents, and near misses.
- Report all Notifiable injuries, illnesses and incidents to WorkSafe New Zealand as soon as practicable by phone, and in writing within 48-hours.
- Investigate all reported injuries, illnesses, incidents and near misses to identify all contributing factors and, where appropriate, formulate plans for corrective action.
- Provide treatment and rehabilitation plans that ensure a safe, early and durable return to work.
- Monitor and manage the worker’s health, their exposure to Workplace Hazards, drug and alcohol use, and fatigue.
- Encourage worker participation and consultation in all Health and Safety matters.
- Enable workers to elect Health and Safety representatives.
- Establish a Health and Safety Committee that includes representatives from senior management and union and elected health and safety representatives. The Committee is responsible for implementing, monitoring, reviewing and planning Health and Safety policies, systems and practices.
- Ensure that all workers are adequately trained, and supervised.
- Ensure that all Workers, Visitors and Contractors/subcontractors are made aware of the Hazards/Risks in their Work area(s), and are adequately trained so they can carry out their duties in a safe manner.
- Ensure that every manager, supervisor or foreperson is aware of their duties for the Health and Safety of all workers working under their direction.
- Encourage management participation and consultation in all Health and Safety matters.
- Annually review the Health and Safety objectives, and managers’ performance.
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including annual reviews of policies and procedures.
All Workers, Visitors and Contractors/subcontractors using this Workplace/site as a place of work or visiting on business, are expected to share in Maxicom (2013) Limited commitment to Workplace Health and Safety.
All Workers, Visitors and Contractors/subcontractors will:
- Take ‘reasonable care’ for their own health and safety.
- Take ‘reasonable care’ that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Follow and obey all Safe work procedures, rules and any instruction given in relating to Health and Safety.
- Ensure that all Plant and Equipment is maintained, safe to use, and properly ‘guarded’ before using it.
- Wear and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety equipment.
- Follow and obey all Emergency and Evacuation procedures, and instructions.
- Report any pain or discomfort as soon as possible.
- Report all injuries, illnesses, incidents, and near misses and Hazards/Risks to the designated person(s).
- Take an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, for their ‘early and durable return to work’.
- Be actively involved in all Health and Safety matters.
- Keep the Work Area tidy and clean, to minimise the risk of any trips, slips and falls.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed on an annual basis, or sooner if required, to take in to account any changes to legislation and/or changes to Maxicom (2013) Limited.